$45,000. That is the low end of the average cost of what a first time DUI can cost you in California. Knowing this, wouldn’t you rather pay $20 for a Lyft or Uber home from the bar? Let’s break that figure down.
- INSURANCE – This is the highest DUI related cost. Insurance will go up year after year after a DUI.
- TOWING & STORAGE – Your car is impounded and to get it back, it is going to cost over $500.
- DUI CLASSES – This will cost around the same as the towing and storage.
- FINES & ATTORNEY FEES – You will be going to court for that DUI, so you will want a good lawyer to help protect and fight for you. This can go up a few thousand dollars.
- DRIVER’S LICENSE – After a DUI, your license is revoked. It costs about $100 to get it back, once you are allowed to get it back.
Again, $45,000 is the low end of the DUI spectrum. Other things we did not account for, but could be a factor, is the cost to fix your vehicle and the cost of hospital bills if your DUI resulted in an accident. Each DUI will also cost more than one before. Do yourself a favor and just pay for a cab ride.
If you ever need a bail bond for yourself or a loved one, contact David Ortiz Bail Bonds in Visalia online or at 661-326-0608. Talk to one of our helpful bail agents for a FREE consultation. They will be your guide and they can explain how the bail bond process works. Don’t forget to inquire about our no down payment bail bonds and discounts we offer while you’re at it. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will help you post bail affordably.