How you represent yourself in your court hearing is nearly as important as the case your lawyer is making. Your body language, dress, and overall presentation, speaks volumes to the jury, the judge, and others. Granted, some defendants will not be able to present themselves as neatly and professionally as others because they were not able to post bail, but our team at Visalia Bail Bond Store will make sure that is not you. We will help bail you out of jail. Then, you will be able to live at home and better prepare for court. After posting bail with us, follow these general rules of how you should and shouldn’t conduct yourself in court.
- The night before court, try and get some good sleep.
- Dress professionally and conservatively, do not overdo the makeup and jewelry.
- Remove sunglasses and hats.
- Do not chew gum.
- Arrive to court early and use the restroom before court begins.
- Acknowledge the judge as “Your Honor.”
- Speak and stand when asked to.
- Answer only what you are asked.
- Answer yes or no verbally rather than nodding or shaking your head.
- Turn your cell phone off.
- Leave young children at home.
- Remain calm and poised; do not become angry or argumentative.
You and your lawyer will go over court procedures beforehand as preparation, including questions they will ask, questions the prosecution will likely ask, and how to answer both. During court, your lawyer will protect you as much as possible, but remember to leave everything in their hands and not get frustrated.
That being said, if you need a bail bond now, for yourself or a loved one, contact Visalia Bail Bond Store immediately. We can be reached 24/7, online and at 661-326-0608. Consultation with one of our helpful bail agents is always FREE, so do not hesitate to ask any questions and inquire about our no down payment bail bonds and discounts we offer. They will be more than glad to help you.